As an acupuncturist who has been in practice for nearly 15 years, I am always looking for ways to enhance the acupuncture healing experience and support my patients with natural, holistic remedies. Within the past year, I have become interested in healing crystals. I am really intrigued to learn how they can be used together with acupuncture therapy. I have many patients I can gently experiment with. Crystals emit electromagnetic and light energy so they may be an excellent adjunct to acupuncture’s ability to stimulate and direct the flow of healing energy.
I have learned that these following stones may have a beneficial impact on our body and emotions by placing them on parts of the body that need healing, or by holding them or keeping them in your pocket. Crystals can both emit energy to the body and absorb human energy and refresh or cleanse it due to the vibrational quality of their mineral content and characteristic of absorbing and projecting light.
These are a few crystals I have been using lately in conjunction with acupuncture treatment on patients who are willing to add them to their treatments.
• Clear Quartz: This stone can be crystal clear to cloudy in color. It is very versatile and helps balance energy so it can be used for any condition or healing purpose. It is considered the “master healer” and can strengthen and balance energy and help clarify thinking. Excellent for all acupuncture patients and conditions.
• Citrine: This gem ranges from pale to golden yellow. Citrine has an uplifting energy that can promote happiness and a feeling of security and abundance. Helpful for patients who are suffering from anxiety and works well with acupuncture for patience with digestive problems like IBS.
• Rose Quartz: A rose pink color. It is known as a love stone which focuses on the heart chakra resulting in unconditional love and emotional healing. I use this for my acupuncture patients who feel sad or lonely and is especially useful for women with menstrual or reproductive problems. Placing rose quartz on their lower abdomen during acupuncture treatment helps promote the movement of qi or vital energy.
• Green Aventurine: Color is light to dark green. Good for clarity, creativity, gives a sense of calm and happiness. This is a good crystal to offer a more positive outlook and helps during acupuncture for patients with headaches and insomnia.
• Amethyst: Purple or violet in color. A meditative and calming stone, it is beneficial for patients who think or worry too much and can’t slow down their mind. An amethyst placed on the acupuncture point yin tang between the eyebrows is very helpful during acupuncture treatment. This is a good stone to use for meditation.
I’m so grateful that here at the Acupuncture Center of New Jersey in Morristown I can create a healing environment for my patients. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine are truly healing arts that can reach out and embrace other modalities such as healing crystals. Earlier I blogged about how I use essential oils together with acupuncture and I’m encouraged by the great response I get with my patients!