Fertility + Menstrual Disorders
Hundreds of women and couples have turned to us when faced with fertility issues. Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine have proven to be very effective in helping many overcome obstacles to successful conception, pregnancy and childbirth. Our services are often used in conjunction with IUI, IVF, and other assisted reproductive treatments. Many reproductive physicians and and large fertility centers refer their patients to us to optimize their patients’ chances for pregnancy. We also use these modalities for women and couples who wish to forgo drug therapies to help foster natural fertility and conception, prevent miscarriage, treat common problems of pregnancy and childbirth and help the female relax and feel confident in their natural baby-making process. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal treatments work by stimulating the Yin and Yang productive cycles to promote richer blood flow, higher quality eggs, and more regular menstrual vitality clearly marked by hormone surges at peak ovulatory phase.
These are the fertility benefits from Acupuncture and TCM:
- regulating menstruation and ovulation
- promoting balanced hormone secretion
- increasing the quality and quantity of eggs
- increasing blood flow to the uterus to create a well-nourished uterine lining
- regulating hormone output after conception and implantation to prevent miscarriage
- alleviating common symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, hypertension, sciatica and other common problems
- Helping correct malposition of fetus (breech or transverse) and helping to avoid Cesarean surgery
- Promoting a safe, natural and rewarding childbirth experience
Women are not alone when it comes to needing fertility support with acupuncture. We often treat men to improve sperm quality, quantity and motility simultaneously with their female partners’ treatments. In this way acupuncture joins the Yin and Yang of the couple and promotes optimal intimacy and fertility.
We'll be happy to discuss how acupuncture can help with fertility, infertility or childbirth. Call our office at (973) 984-2800 to scheduled an appointment, or email us, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.